5 Things to Know About the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl
On Friday, Dec. 21 the Ball State Cardinals will take on the UCF Knights at Tropicana Field.
1. Kickoff is Friday Night
The 2012 Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg kicks off at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Tropicana Field. The University of Central Florida Knights are taking on the Ball State Cardinals. The game will be only bowl game played that night and will be televised live on ESPN.
2. Where You Can Park
Parking is available at Tropicana Field for $20 per vehicle. Good news football fans, tailgating is permitted at the Trop. Parking lots open at 1:30 pm on game day. Anyone interested in RV parking can call or E-mail the Parking Manager, Sammy Arena, at 727-825-3368 or email@example.com. The cost is $40 per day for RVs.
3. Other Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl Activities
- On Wednesday from 3 - 6 p.m. at the Sirata Beach Resort, the public is welcome to attend the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl Beach Bash. There, players from both teams will compete in various beach competitions. There will be giant water slides, inflatables and food. The event is free.
- Thursday, head to Ferg's to cheer on your team at the Bowl Block Party. Mascots, players and band members will get the crowd riled up with fight songs and chants. The event is free and begins at 5 p.m.
- Before the game and after tailgating don't forget to head to the Tailgate Extravaganza in the Tropicana Field Parking Lot. Get team and bowl gear and sing to the UCF and Ball State fight songs. The event is free and begins at 1:30 p.m.
4. Players, Coaches Give Back to the Community
Coaches, team captains, cheerleaders and mascots from the University of Central Florida and Ball State football programs will visit All Children's Hospital on Thursday. The players will visit the children, take pictures, sign autographs and provide gifts from ESPN and memorabilia from each school.
5. Tickets are Still Available
Plenty of good seats are still available for the showdown. For tickets, go to Ticketmaster.com. Tickets are $35 and $55 and can be purchased online or the day of the game at the box office.