5 Things to Know: April 9
Patch Partners with Feeding America Tampa Bay, Easter Morning Shooting, "Art Bites", Cirque Dreams at the Mahaffey and Patch Newsletters are five things you need to know today.
1. Patch is partnering with Feeding America Tampa Bay to help feed the needy in our community. Help us gather 2,000lbs of food. We'll take care of the heavy lifting but we need your help to gather food for hunger families in St. Pete and Tampa Bay. Leave spare nonperishable’s in our drop-off boxes, which are located at Cafe Bohemia , Hooker Tea and Bentley's Boutique . If your business is interested in hosting a box, please email William Mansell .
2. On Easter Sunday, police were called to a scene of a shooting at 4434 11th Ave S. Upon arrival officers discovered a 24-year-old female inside the residence suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, including a wound to the head. A second shooting victim, a 29-year-old male, was found at a neighbor's house, also suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
3. At the Museum of Fine Arts today, it is 2nd Monday "Art Bites". For $17 you can have a gourmet lunch in the MFA Cafe and learn about a sample from the collection during a 30-minute talk, followed by a docent tour. The lunch/tour occurs the second Monday of each month. "Art Bites" begins at 1 p.m.
4. Tuesday night, the Mahaffey welcomes “Pop Goes The Rock,” with Cirque Dreams performing variety acts and acrobatic feats to a mash-up of pop and rock hits. Enjoy “daring aerialists, gravity-defying balancers, powerful strongmen and an array of edgy, awe-inspiring acts … accompanied by a hip dance crew, cool singers and a jammin’ band.” The show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets start at $39.50.
5. Do you subscribe to the Old Northeast Patch Newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch; click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.