5 Things to Know: March 15
Jay Mohr, Opera at the Dali, Business Bracket Madness, Business Directory and "Honky Tonk Hotel" are five things you need to know today.
1. The Mahaffey Theater welcomes comedian, actor, radio host and author Jay Mohr Thursday night. The comedy routine begins at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $35. Mohr is best known for his standup routines on Comedy Central and being a former cast member on Saturday Night Live.
2. Thursday night at the Dali Museum guests get to see opera for free at 6 p.m. Experience “Opera at The Dalí,” a collaboration between The Dali and St. Petersburg College. This series introduces audiences to emerging opera artists through dynamic 20-minute performances held on the third Thursday of every month. Artists perform on the spiral staircase in the museum lobby.
3. The Old Northeast Patch selection committee (you) have decided and our brackets for best customer service in St. Pete are set. Starting today, vote in our business bracket madness for the businesses with the best customer service in Old Northeast and downtown. St. Petersburg.
4. St. Petersburg businesses, have you claimed your business listing on Patch? If not, go to your listing under 'places' and click 'claim your listing'. It's free, easy and the best way to stay connected with your community in St. Petersburg. Have a question? Can't find your business? Please email Old Northeast Patch editor William Mansell at William.Mansell@Patch.com.
5. On Friday, "Honky Tonk Hotel" will bring its country, toe-tapping numbers to St. Pete. New American Theater presents this lively revue featuring the music of Dolly Parton and set at The Island In The Stream Hotel, located just outside the gates of Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. Tickets are $20 and the show begins at 8 p.m.