If approved by city councilors next week, downtown St. Petersburg could be getting a new tenant, an eight-story 324-unit apartment complex.
The Bayway Apartment project would be located along the 200 block of 3rd Avenue North.
Sitting as the Community Redevelopment Agency, city council will vote on the proposal on May 17.
Bayway Apartment Details
- 233 one-bedroom units
- 74 two-bedroom units
- 17 studios
- A seven-story, 410-space parking garage adjacent to the complex
- Building would be 65,000 square feet
- Ground floor will have lobby, clubhouse and courtyard.
- Outdoor pool located within the project on ground level
According to city documents, the project will, "provide a welcome range of rental options for the downtown workforce."
"The project provides high density residential support for the land-use emphasis on both the nearby downtown core and waterfront park areas of downtown. It is located one block from the "core area", which calls for an intense, vibrant mix-use center that provides 24/7 activity. The project is also a two-block walk to the waterfront park system, which entails the continued development of the city's signature downtown waterfront for specialty retail and cultural and recreational activities."
City documents said the contemporary architecture of the project would provide a nice variety for the area.
On April 20, staff from Development Review Services approved the plan with the following conditions for the project:
- Screen first two stories of the parking garage
- Construct 10ft wide public sidewalks in abutting rights-of-way
- Finish retaining wall with materials that match building's architecture