First Night Celebrates 20th Year
The festivities of the 20th annual First Night St. Pete kick off at 5 p.m. Dec. 31 in downtown St. Pete.
On New Year's Even in St. Pete, amid the live music, obligatory toasts and boom of fireworks, First Night St. Pete will be celebrating a milestone. When the festivities kick off next Monday, First Night will officially be in its 20th year as an event in St. Pete.
First Night Schedule of Events:
Monday night's party will feature headlining performances from Macy Kate, DJ BabyChino and Michael Lynche. Some other highlights include:
Williams Park Woo's Fish Bowl, 7 - 11 p.m.
- "The 600 Block offers a creative and diverse collection of shops. Many of the artists located here have joined together to light your way through the park with tropical “fish” themed lanterns to celebrate the life of St. Petersburg native and beloved artist Bill "Woo" Correira."
Kid's First Night at BayWalk, 5 - 8 p.m.
- "Come create crazy New Year’s party hats with Sherri Lundquist or disguise yourself by designing your own mask. The annual Musical Petting Zoo is brought to you by the 2nd Time Arounders Band. Join Haris Lender and The Kidding Around Yoga gang for a 30 minute Yoga New Year’s Eve Party! Expect some meditation, dancing, jogging, the limbo and a magical trip to the Secret Garden."
First Night 20th Anniversary Party, 7 - 11 p.m.
- "Come celebrate the biggest birthday party of the year! To mark First Night St. Petersburg’s 20th year, local artist Jennifer Kucharik, is creating a huge birthday cake. All party-goers will be invited to add their personal flair to the cake with materials provided by First Night. At the end of the party, join in as the cake is set ablaze in an amazing tribute to twenty years in St. Petersburg! Also, First Night has created huge versions of two party favorites, Musical Chairs and one giant game of Twister."
For a full list of events, click here. Information above provided by First Night St. Pete.
What Time Are the Fireworks?: The first set of fireworks start at 9 p.m. At midnight, prepare for the grand finale.
How Can I Get Tickets?: You need to purchase a $10 button to get into the various events and locations.
Buttons can be purchased at the below locations.
- Publix - Downtown St. Pete 250 3rd St. S.
- Select Starbucks locations:
- BayWalk - 199 1st Ave. N - St. Petersburg
- 4th Street & 9th Ave - 900 4th St. N - St. Petersburg
- Central Ave & 66th St - 6575 Central Ave. - St. Petersburg
- Park Blvd & US HWY 19 - 7350 US 19 N - Pinellas Park
- Starkey & Bryan Dairy - 10801 Starkey Road - Seminole
- 4th St & 50th Ave - 4946 4th St. N - St. Petersburg
- 4th St & 89th Ave - 8801 4th St. N - St. Petersburg
- Park & Sheen - 4850 Park St. N - St. Petersburg