Grab & Go Kids Planner: Top 5 Picks for the Week
Juggling your responsibilities, and entertaining the kids is no easy task. Here's a list of fun things to do with your children in St. Pete.
FAMILY BEST BETS OF THE WEEK
- Where/When: Weedon Island Preserve, 1800 Weedon Dr NE. Thursday at 10:30 a.m.
- Why Go: Wee-Time at Weedon provides a fun, educational experience for youngsters to learn about the environment. This Thursday will feature the story, "Great Sharky Shark: A Tale of Big Hunter," by Suzanne Tate.
- Where/When: 1925 4th Street N on Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why Go: Kids will explore the wonders of Italy. Songs, games, fun facts and yummy italian snacks.
- General admission is $3, free for children under 2.
- Where/When: Main Branch Library, 3745 9th Ave. North. Friday at 11 a.m.
- Why Go: The St. Petersburg Main Branch Library invites local families for its Valentine's puppet show in the auditorium.
- Where/When: Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 Highway 301 North, Tampa. Begins Thursday, Feb. 10th, Daily at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Bring your family to Tampa for the 2011 Florida State Fair, beginning Feb. 10th. The week-long fair includes live music performances, animals, and of course midway rides. In addition, there will be a variety of food and drink vendors.
- Adults: $10-$12; Kids (6-11): $5-$6
- Where/When: The run begins at BayWalk and extends through Downtown. Saturday from 8 am to noon.
- Why Go: Pediatric Services of Florida hosts a 5k and 10k kids' run to benefit the Ronald McDonald House of Tampa Bay. Cash awards will be given to the winners of each age group. An awards celebration and reception will follow the races.
- Entry fees are $10 for the kids fun run, $15 for the Pelican Mile race ages 9 and under, and $20 for students 1- to 18. Prices include a T-shirt and medal.
- Where/When: J.W. Cate Recreation Center, 5801 22nd Avenue North. Saturday from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Why Go: TASCO hosts its 6th Annual Valentine's Semi-Formal for local teens. Youth grades 6 - 9 are invited. The event will feature a DJ, Nintendo Wii games, live music by pop artist Amy Weaver, a photo booth and more. There will also be a performance by Tampa Bay's Enigma Dance Kru, former contestants of MTV's "America's Best Dance Crew" competition.
- $10 price includes dinner.
Help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips — just add them to the comment box.