It's a bird, it's a plane, it's ... the green machine?
The giant Patch RV – 31 feet long and 8 feet wide – is lumbering through the south Pinellas towns we cover. We are making stops at local events and visiting businesses and organizations. We are promoting Patch and collecting a ton of canned goods for Feeding American Tampa Bay.
Stop by, meet an editor and take home some of the swell Patch giveaways! Here's a look at our schedule for the rest of the week.
Patch RV Schedule
Thursday, May 3
- Starting at 11 a.m., Patch will be parked outside of All Children's Hospital. We'll be giving away Patch gear, collecting canned goods and bringing reading books for children at the hospital. We also will be filming a video about this weekend's Taste of Pinellas, a fund raiser for the St. Petersburg hospital.
Friday, May 4
- Patch will be taking part in the Gulfport First Friday Art Walk in downtown Gulfport. Weare giving away 50 cups of ice cream from Yummy's to the first 50 people who sign up for a newsletter. We will also raffle off gift cards for those who donate food. The art walk is from 6 - 10 p.m.
Saturday, May 5
- Patch will be celebrating Cinco De Mayo and Taste of Pinellas at the St. Petersburg Pier from noon - 4 p.m. Enter our raffle and the chance to win a gift card from Jonny Reno's Pier Restaurant or gift certificates to Fresco's wtaerside restaurant. Sign up for a Patch newsletter. Pick up a card for a free soft drink at Fresco's. Meet a Patch Editor! We'll be parked along the Pier approach handing out water bottles and collecting canned goods. We will be taking photos for our gallery of the Cinco de Mayo events. Ole!
- Saturday night we'll be moving the green machine to Demens Landing for American Stage Theater's production of the "Rocky Horror Show." Gates open at 6 p.m. and the show starts at 8. We'll give out free participation kits to the first 50 people who sign up for our newsletter or bring canned good donations.
- Capping off the night, the Patch RV will be heading to St. Pete Beach for another production of "Rocky Horror." We'll be parked along Corey Avenue at the Beach Theater giving out Patch gear. The show begins at midnight. Stop by and we'll grab a photo of you in constume!
Sunday, May 6
- We're in St. Pete Beach to enjoy the Texas-style grilled and smoked meats at the newly opened Smokin' J's BBQ. Smokin' J, aka John (and wife Lisa) already sell some mean barbecue at their Gulfport restaurant. Now they have a new place on St. Pete Beach. Brisket, pulled pork, ribs... This place has some awesome BBQ and the sides to match. The giveaways for bringing in a canned good to donate or signing up for our newslettter include 10 percent off your order and a free side! Now that's a deal. We'll be there from noon - 2 p.m., raffling off Smokin' J gift cards. See ya, there. Bibs not included!