Hip-hop/R&B artist and Florida resident Sean Kingston will be the headlining post-race musical act for the 2013 Rock 'n' Roll St. Pete Half Marathon.
The event made the announcement on its Facebook page Monday after night after dropping hints as to who the artist would be throughout the day.
According to event organizers, "Sean Kingston made his debut in 2007 with his lead single “Beautiful Girls.” The song quickly climbed to number one on the Billboards Hot 100 and was a double-platinum breakout hit. His 2009 album, Tomorrow featured the smash singles “Fire Burning” and Face Drop.” Kingston is currently working on his third-full length album Back 2 Life."
Kingston's announcement was met with mixed but mostly negative reactions on the event's page because his music isn't "rock 'n' roll".
- "Think I'll pass this year.. glad I waited till the headliner was announced!"
- "No rock n roll last year, and no rock n roll this year. When are we going to get rock n roll at the RNR???"
- "Just call it the Hip Hop St. Pete. At least I'll know what to expect."
There were others who welcomed the news.
- "This 'Shorty' will have fire burning in her Hamstrings!!"
- "We have been very lucky in St Pete with the post race concerts! I have been to other RnR's, just sayin'...Nice job St Pete!"
- "Can't wait for all these whiners to leave so the rest of us can enjoy the race! Get over it."
Last year, rapper Flo Rida headlined the post-race concert.
The half marathon starts at 7:30 a.m. on Feb. 10 at Tropicana Field and ends at North Shore Park.
Registration is still open for the race and is $110. You can register online.