Romney Rally: What to Know If You Go
Gov. Mitt Romney will speak at the St. Petersburg Pier Friday at 5:45 p.m. The public will be admitted to the outdoor event starting at 3:30 p.m.
Where to Park for Romney's St. Pete Rally
- Your best bet is event parking. Event parking is available in city-owned garages or the Al Lang Stadium parking lot. Cost is $5 per vehicle. Event parking is available at: Bay Walk, 117 Second St. N.; South Core, 100 First Ave. S.; Al Lang Stadium parking lot, entrance on First Ave. S. between First St. and Bay Shore Blvd. The campaign will provide shuttles from those locations to the event location.
- There is metered parking along the pier on 2nd Avenue NE as well as two parking lots with pay machines. Arrive early to get these spots.
- Surrounding downtown streets, such as Beach Drive, Bayshore and 5th Avenue NE also have metered parking with two hour limits.
How to get Tickets for Romney's St. Pete Rally
- Tickets are free, but you must RSVP online. You can register up to eight people at a time.
Security Measures Announced for Romney Rally
- All attendees, according to a news release, will go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible.
- No bags, sharp objects, umbrellas, liquids, or signs will be allowed in the venue.
- Cameras ARE allowed
What Time To Arrive at Romney Rally in St. Petersburg
- Doors open at 3:30 p.m. but if you wish to parking along the pier approach on in the pier parking lots, it is advised you get there early.
- The event is set to begin at 5:45 p.m.