Invite a friend
St. Petersburg Preservation’s Music & Movies in the Park
St. Petersburg Preservation presents free music from local musicians at 7pm and a movie at dusk. Donations appreciated.
Food and drinks available for purchase from vendors, or bring your own picnic. Bring your own blanket or seat. Parking available at the Baywalk garage or in the Pier parking lots.
Here's the schedule:
- May 3: Music by Gale Trippsmith, followed by "To Catch A Thief" starring Cary Grant and Grace Kelly.
- May 10: Music by John Kelly and his band, followed by "Dirty Dancing" starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey.
- May 17: Music by Grant Peeples, followed by "Rear Window" starring James Stewart and Grace Kelly.
- May 24: Music by Rebekah Pulley, followed by "Sleepless in Seattle" starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.
- May 31: Music by Lance Lubin and the Clearwater Bluegrass Review, followed by "Ferris Bueller’s Day Off" starring Matthew Broderick.
More About North Straub Park
With classic statues and old-growth banyan trees, North Straub Park is an inviting green space in the heart of downtown. The park is next to the Museum of Fine Arts and borders Beach Drive, the trendy shopping district that is the crown jewel of downtown. There are views of Vinoy Marina to the east and sidewalk cafes to the west. North Straub Park also has an outdoor performance stage, its roof draped with tropical bougainvillea flowers which provide a natural canopy for frequent performances, from free movies and music to children's shows and holiday celebrations.