Blues great Buddy Guy, Heart and Shawn Colvin will headline this year's Ribfest in St. Petersburg.
Blues guitarist Jonny Lang and original Santana member Gregg Rolie also will perform at the November outdoor fundraiser for All Children's Hospital and other local charities.
The festival is scheduled for Nov. 9-11 at Vinoy Park, which overlooks Tampa Bay, at 701 Bayshore Dr. NE.
Sponsored by the Northeast Exchange Club, the annual ribfest is an annual favorite for barbecue fans who like their chicken and ribs heavily sauced with classic rock and blues performances.
The 2012 fundraiser promises to live up to that image. The Ribfest is a favorite event not just for locals but for visitors across Tampa Bay. The vendors are award winning pit masters from across the South, so visitors are able to sample a range of regional barbecue as well as enjoy beer and other refreshments.
Here is the line-up of entertainment:
- Nov. 9: Five Time Grammy Award Winner Buddy Guy and Grammy Award winning Jonny Lang.
- Nov. 10: Santana's original lead singer, Gregg Rolie, who is a Rock & Rock Hall of Fame Inductee and unforgettable vocals on Santana’s greatest hits including, “Black Magic Woman” and “Evil Ways.”
- Nov. 10: Heart with special guest Shawn Colvin. Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart will be the star act at the Saturday night show. The sisters' rock hits date back to the 1980s, when they made "Dreamboat Annie," "Crazy on You" and "Barracuda."
- Nov. 11: Country Day with Matt Stillwell, Colt Ford and Montgomery Gentry on stage for Country Day.
Big-ticket fundraiser for favorite causes
Ribfest proceeds have contributed $3.5 million to local causes including:
- All Children’s Hospital;
- Child abuse prevention – Help A Child and Family Resources;
- Northeast Exchange Club service projects;
- Freedom Shrines at local schools.
For more information, go to www.ribfest.org