1. Tuesday morning, Habitat Pinellas will celebrate the dedication of its 250 house in Pinellas County. During the dedication, homeowner Janet Wright and her two daughters will receive the keys to the new home. The dedication will take place at 9:00 a.m. at 1445 26th St. N, in St. Petersburg. The home was sponsored by proceeds from Habitat Pinellas’ 2011 gala fundraising event, Hammers & Heartstrings Ball. The land for the Wright home was provided by SunTrust Bank.
2. On Wednesday, Aug. 22, Nobel Peace Prize nominee and author Medea Benjamin will speak at to discuss her new book, “DRONE WARFARE: Killing by Remote Control.” Benjamin will also lead a protest at Raytheon company in Largo the following day to protest drone strikes.
3. The Tampa Bay Rays will activate three-time All-Star third baseman Evan Longoria from the disabled list for Tuesday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays, according to a Rays news release. Longoria has been on the disabled list since April 30.
4. Five-time Grammy award winner Wynonna Judd combines her smoky vocals and powerful stage presence to bring “Wynonna’s Rockin’ Christmas” to The Mahaffey on Friday, December 21 at 8 p.m. Joined on stage with her longtime band, The Big Noise, the fiery redhead blends a mix of classic Christmas favorites and some of her biggest hits. Tickets for the holiday performance are on sale now online.
5. Do you subscribe to the Old Northeast Patch Newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch; click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.