While Feb. 3, 1959, has long been billed as “The Day the Music Died,” many are saying Dec. 21, 2012, will be the day the earth dies.
Doomsday predictions related to a planetary collision, the start of World War III and the ending of the Mayan calendar have long swirled around this upcoming date. Talk of the apocalypse has become so prevalent, there’s even a December212012.org website and an End of the World 2012 Facebook page with some 19,000 fans.
Whether you believe the predictions or not, the arrival of 12/21/2012 should be celebrated with a special song – or three. Don’t you think, St. Pete?
So, here’s what we’re asking: What are your favorite end-of-the-world songs for a playlist to mark the auspicious date?
Here are just a few of ours to kick things off:
- “The End of the World As We Know It” – REM
- "Float On" - Modest Mouse
- “Ring of Fire” – Johnny Cash
- "The End of the World" - Skeeter Davis
- “The End” – The Doors
- “The Final Countdown” – Europe
- "London Calling" - The Clash
- "Idioteque" - Radiohead
- "Death is Not the End" Bob Dylan
OK, St. Pete! What songs are on your Doomsday playlist? Share them in the comments section!