1. 2012 marks the 100th anniversary of the sinking of Titanic. In October, you can get a closer look at the historic ship at the . Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, has more than 125 legendary artifacts, conserved from the ship’s debris field, a Mahaffey news release said. They will be showcased offering visitors a poignant look at this iconic ship and its passengers. Opening Oct. 6, and running through March 3, 2013, the five-month exhibition features artifacts never before seen in Tampa Bay. Advance tickets are on sale now for $19.12.
2. Co-ed Adult Volleyball teams are forming now at Wildwood Recreation Center, 1000 28th St. S. Register now. The season is from Sept. 20 - Nov. 9. Games are played on Thursday night from 6:30 - 8 p.m. Cost for a team of 10 players is either $160 without team shirts or $190 shirts included. St. Petersburg ADVANTAGE Member Card required - $15 annually for residents. All others pay $38/season or $125/annually. Players must be 18 years or older, each team will be allowed two players 18 years of age. Call Cathy Fort at 727-893-7750 for more information.
3. Celebrate Friday with a parents’ night out while your children are entertained. Fearless Friday is hosted by the staff of J.W. Cate Recreation Center in Northwest Park, 5801 22nd Ave. N. Youth in grades 2nd through 5th are welcome to join in diverse and innovative activities, such as active sporting events and tournaments, dance contests and dance room games led by a live DJ, a video game room, creative arts & crafts projects and food experiences. Concessions available for $.50 - $1. Parents' night out is most Fridays between September and May, from 7 - 10:30 p.m. and is $6 per child. Hold Harmless Agreement required for all participants, parent or guardian must check the participant in and out of program.
4. Thursday evening in October (4, 11, 18, and 25) enjoy movies and music in North Straub Park on Beach Drive between 4th and 5th Avenues NE. Live music starts at 6 p.m. and movies at dark. “Music & Movies in the Park” is produced by St. Petersburg Preservation each October and May. This year's films are American President, Oct. 4; The Big Sleep, Oct. 11; The Legend of Bagger Vance, Oct. 18 and Ghostbusters, Oct. 25.
5. Do you subscribe to the Old Northeast Patch Newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch; click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.