1. Friday night at the , St. Pete welcomes legendary songwriter and guitarist John Prine, one of the few songwriters honored by the Library of Congress and a U.S. Poet Laureate. The show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $37.
2. The Morean Center for Clay presents Rock-n-Roll Throwathon this Saturday at its train station location at 420 22nd St. S. This fun event features six potters each working from two wheels "throwing like crazy" and creating 30 to 40 works in time to music. Light refreshments served. Works will be available for sale. The event is free and is from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
3. This weekend at Vinoy Park, the 97X Backyard BBQ festival will take over St. Petersburg's bayfront. There will be music performances n Saturday by The Used, Civil Twilight, Middle Class Rut, Falling in Reverse and more. It will be a full day of bands, beer and BBQ. It’s free show, but you must have a ticket. Find the ticket outlet closest to you by using the map on the festival's website and get your tickets today. Gates open at 11 a.m.
4. JonnY Reno'S at The St. Pete Pier will host the Official After Party for the Knology 97X Backyard BBQ Concert held that day in Vinoy Park. International Recording Artist "Civil Twilight" will play a Free Acoustic Performance at The St. Pete Pier immediately following the all-day concert event from 9 - 11 p.m.
5. Do you subscribe to the Old Northeast Patch Newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch; click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.