1. Monday afternoon GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney will be making one of his last campaign stops in the Sunshine state before Tuesday's primary. Romney will be holding a . According to weekend polls, the former Massachusetts Governor is widening his lead over former Speaker of the House, New Gingrich.
2. Early voting for the Jan. 31 election ended this past Saturday. According to the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Office, the county has received more than 60,000 mail ballots and early votes.
3. Last week the St. Petersburg City Council held a workshop to discuss the . The group expressed its concerns about budget and what the city would get with its budget. Tonight, councilor Charlie Gerdes (District One) will be hosting a Town Hall to discuss the pier. The Town Hall begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Admiral Farragut Academy Chapel, 501 Park St. N.
4. The NFL playoffs took a week off this past weekend gearing up for the Feb. 5 Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants. Patch is putting together a list of the best bars, pubs and restaurants to watch the big game. However, before we make the list, we want to hear from you. Please comment or send an email to William.Mansell@patch.com with your Super Bowl party suggestions.
5. Do you subscribe to the Old Northeast Patch Newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch, click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.