1. Friday night at Jannus Live, the community will rock out in honor of the fallen St. Petersburg Police Officers. The Police Unity Tour Benefit Concert is a free event honoring the city’s fallen police officers — Tom Baitinger, Jeffrey Yaslowitz and David Crawford — who were killed in the line of duty last year. The show begins at 8 p.m. and is headlined by the Greg Billings Band. According to Jannus, This will be a fundraising event to enable the St. Petersburg Police Department to participate in the 12th annual Police Unity Tour, where in May select members of the force will bicycle 250 miles from Virginia to Washington D.C., culminating in the fallen officers’ names being engraved on the walls of the National Law Enforcement Officer’s Memorial. The yearly event draws law enforcement participants from around the country.
2. Tonight at the , District 1 School Board candidate Jim Jackson will be meeting with members of the community. The meet is greet is scheduled to run from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. The primary for the District 1 seat is set for Aug. 14.
3. Do you subscribe to the Old Northeast Patch Newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch, click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.
4. St. Petersburg businesses, have you claimed your business listing on Patch? If not, go to your listing under 'places' and click 'claim your listing'. It's free, easy and the best way to stay connected with your community in St. Petersburg. Have a question? Can't find your business? Please email Old Northeast Patch editor William Mansell at William.Mansell@Patch.com.
5. In our next weekly 'Best Of' poll, we are asking Old Northeast Patch readers . The poll choices are , , , , and .