1. Tonight at the is a play reading of "Trek: The Musical." American Stage Theatre Company presents a reading of "Trek: The Musical," written by fans for fans -- but a blast for everyone. A talk-back with the authors, Lauren Field and Gaetano Rodriguez, follows. The theatre company says if the two can raise the money, they would love to put on a full "Trek" musical production in 2012. Tickets are $15 and the show begins at 7 p.m.
2. On Thursday night, indie rock group Anberlin will be coming to St. Petersburg to perform at . Tickets are $20 and doors open at 7 p.m. Foxy Shazam and States are the opening acts. Want more music after the show? Head across the street to the Local 662 for a DJ set by Anberlin's Christian McAlhaney. Tickets are $5 for the DJ set.
3. Do you subscribe to the Old Northeast Patch Newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch, click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.
4. Yesterday, thousands came out for the Martin Luther King Jr. parade in downtown St. Petersburg. The annual MLK Day Parade marched through the downtown Monday, under clear skies, with hundreds of participants riding on floats, passing out beads, waving to bystanders and playing in their school bands. Hundreds more lined the streets to watch. .
5. Last week, 120 brave swimmers participated in the third annual . Starting at Gandy Beach in St. Pete, swimmers brave the elements until reaching Tampa. More than $120,000 was raised for the Navy SEAL Foundation at this year's event.