1. Tonight, indie rock group Anberlin will be coming to St. Petersburg to perform at . Tickets are $20 and doors open at 7 p.m. Foxy Shazam and States are the opening acts. Want more music after the show? Head across the street to the Local 662 for a DJ set by Anberlin's Christian McAlhaney. Tickets are $5 for the DJ set.
2. On Friday, the pier jury will hold a meeting starting at 8:30 a.m. at City Hall. This is the final meeting of the pier jury and it will decide its rankings for the the Eye, the Wave and the Lens. After the jury makes its ranking, the top ranked pier will become the city's top recommendation to city council to build a new pier.
3. Experience “Opera at The Dalí,” a collaboration between The Dali and St. Petersburg College tonight at 6 p.m. at the . This series introduces audiences to emerging opera artists through dynamic 20-minute performances held on the third Thursday of every month. Artists perform on the spiral staircase in the museum lobby. Admission is free.
4. Early voting for the Jan. 31 GOP , Jan. 21 and ends Jan. 28. Through Tuesday, the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Office has received 28,433 mail ballots, which is a 10% turnout to date. There are 283,230 registered voters eligible to vote in the Jan. 31 GOP presidential primary and municipal elections. There are 220,024 registered Republicans in the county.
5. Do you subscribe to the Old Northeast Patch Newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch, click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.