1. When the cold weather goes away this weekend and you are thinking about going to the beach, it could cost you more. At . The new fee went into effect Tuesday, Jan. 3. Bikers, campers and people walking to the park are exempt from the fee.
2. Want to help Pinellas County Schools win $100,000? A Palm Harbor Home is a finalist for Patch's Holiday Home Contest. Here's how you can help us win $100,000 for Pinellas County Schools: Click on this link and vote ONCE A DAY through Jan. 8.
3. presents tea dances on the first and third Wednesdays of each month from October through July. From 11:30am to 12:30pm, learn the dance from professional instructor Carol Baker. Then dance to taped music from 12:30pm to 1pm, or live music by various bands from 1to 3:30pm.
4. A early Tuesday morning after a confrontation at a Clearwater Motel. According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, deputies discovered 35-year-old Kim Reed of St. Petersburg in Room 231, with a single gunshot wound to his right side. He was transported to a local hospital, where he underwent surgery.
5. Did you catch the ? If so, please send us your pictures to William.Mansell@patch.com and we'll post them to Patch. According to NASA, observers last night could have expected the Quadrantid meteor shower to produce as many as 100 shooting stars each hour.