For the second time this year, Gov. Mitt Romney will be making a campaign stop in St. Petersburg. On Friday evening, Romney will be speaking at the St. Petersburg Pier Park, 550 2nd Ave. NE St.
Where to Park for Romney's St. Pete Rally
- Your best bet is event parking. Event parking is available in city-owned garages or the Al Lang Stadium parking lot. Cost is $5 per vehicle. Event parking is available at: Bay Walk, 117 Second St. N.; South Core, 100 First Ave. S.; Al Lang Stadium parking lot, entrance on First Ave. S. between First St. and Bay Shore Blvd. The campaign will provide shuttles from those locations to the event location.
- There is metered parking along the pier on 2nd Avenue NE as well as two parking lots with pay machines. Arrive early to get these spots.
- Surrounding downtown streets, such as Beach Drive, Bayshore and 5th Avenue NE also have metered parking with two hour limits.
How to get Tickets for Romney's St. Pete Rally
- Tickets are free, but you must RSVP online. You can register up to eight people at a time.
Security Measures Announced for Romney Rally
- All attendees, according to a news release, will go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible.
- No bags, sharp objects, umbrellas, liquids, or signs will be allowed in the venue.
- Cameras ARE allowed
What Time To Arrive at Romney Rally in St. Petersburg
- Doors open at 3:30 p.m. but if you wish to parking along the pier approach on in the pier parking lots, it is advised you get there early.
- The event is set to begin at 5:45 p.m.