Great Explorations Children’s Museum presents week-long camps for ages 5 to 11 from June 11 to Aug. 17 featuring topics from puzzles and dinosaurs to the solar system and culinary chemistry. There is before- and after-care available at no additional charge.
Here’s the schedule:
Ages 5 to 7
- June 11 to 15: I-Spy - Find clues and solve puzzles like a secret agent.
- June 18 to 22: Diggin’ Dinos - Bring a shovel and learn about rocks, fossils and dinosaurs.
- June 25 to 29: Out of this World - Learn about the solar system and the stars.
- July 2 to 6: Seuss-ology - Explore the world of Dr. Seuss and learn how you can make a difference in the world.
- July 9 to 13: Wild and Wacky Weather - Practice being a meteorologist, ride in the hurricane simulator, and create your own natural disasters.
- July 16 to 20: Toy Lab - Learn about cool inventors and build your own inventions.
- July 23 to 27: Bubble-ology - Learn how bubbles are made and why they’re so fantastic through experiments with bubbles.
- July 30 to Aug. 3: Sense It - Learn about the senses through exploring the Touch Tunnel, among other areas of the museum.
- Aug. 6 to 10: Green Machines - One child’s trash is another’s treasure. Learn how to transform what might be junk to one person into a work of art.
- Aug. 13 to 17: Kitchen Chemistry - Experiment with some fun and tasty chemical reactions.
Ages 8 to 11
- June 11 to 15: CSI: Cool Science Investigation - Learn the science of investigation and puzzle-solving.
- June 18 to 22: Junior Archaeologists - Explore ancient pyramids and fossils with a magnifying glass and learn about the past.
- June 25 to 29: Journey to the Stars - Learn about astronomy through the constellations, planets, and moon phases, and create your own telescope.
- July 2 to 6: Peace It Together - Explore the ways you can make a difference in the world as a junior philanthropist.
- July 9 to 13: Masters of Disaster - Discover the science behind tornadoes, take a spin in the hurricane simulator, and create your own natural disasters.
- July 16 to 20: Invention Busters - Build your own inventions and learn what makes others tick.
- July 23 to 27: Bubble Factory & Color Science - Explore the science of bubbles and colors.
- July 30 to Aug. 3: The Human Body - Learn about why you burp, how you think, and all the other things your body does each day.
- Aug. 6 to 10: Planet Protectors - Learn about recycling and reusing what you no longer need to reduce the footprint you leave on the Earth.
- Aug. 13 to 17: Madd Science Lab - Create delicious treats through culinary chemistry.