Campbell Park Elementary School
Campbell Park has two focuses that distinguish it among St. Pete's elementary schools. It has a marine sciences center and it integrates Spanish-language instruction in many daily activities. The School curriculum is centered on the marine sciences, with help from the University of South Florida and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute. Campbell Park has touch tanks, hands-on learning, field trips and junior aquarists, who are 4th and 5th-graders. The early focus on learning a second language is emphasized as a way to help students develop better language arts and reading skills.
- Fax: 727-893-2652
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3:15pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 2003
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school has formal partnerships with the University of South Florida, Bayfront Medical Center and the Pier Aquarium.
- What makes this community special?: Students learn about Florida's habitat through the school-based marine sciences lab.
- Grade levels: Pre-k to 5th Grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities