Canterbury is an independent, preparatory school in northeast St. Pete that educates children from pre-k through high school. The elementary school is located at the Hough Campus on Snell Isle, and the middle and upper schools are located on the Knowlton Campus off 62nd Avenue NE.
The school emphasizes character building and development, with a focus from pre-k through high school. At the Hough Campus, special focuses include a strings program for Grades 3 and 4, Mandarin Chinese for pre-k to Grade 4, and iPod Touches for classroom use.
- Fax: 727-525-2545
- Hours: Pre-k: Mon - Fri, full day, 8am - 2:45pm; Half-day, 9am - noon. Kindergarten - grade 4: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Founding Date: 1968
- Number of students: 426
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Episcopalian
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Accrediting bodies for NAIS are the Florida Council of Independent Schools and the Florida Kindergarten Council.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 22 on Hough Campus
- How engaged is the school with the community?: See Patch articles for examples: http://oldnortheast.patch.com/articles/canterbury-students-help-to-restore-waterways http://oldnortheast.patch.com/articles/canterbury-students-share-their-appreciation-of-st-petersburgs-landmarks-culture
- What makes this community special?: Our students speak for themselves.
- Grade levels: PK3 - Grade 4
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: After-school programs may include Mad Science, Needlepoint, Acting, Tennis, Chess and more.
- Sports teams: Athletics are available on the Knowlton Campus for students in grades 6-12. Teams and schedules here: http://www.canterburyflorida.org/teams
- Student clubs: Lower School (Hough) students may participate in Canterbury Kayakers, an outreach of the school's Upper School (Knowlton Campus) Marine Studies programs.
- Age range: 3-11
- Uniforms: Yes