City of Saint Petersburg Mahaffey Theater
Progress Center for the Arts - Mahaffey Theater, located in St. Pete's downtown and a stone's throw from the USF campus, is a vibrant cultural haven for the performing arts. With a 2,030 seat theater, Mahaffey Theater opens its doors to a melange of artistic expressions, including Broadway, classical, pop, rock, comedy, dance, family and the renowned Florida Orchestra. Embedded in St. Pete's downtown, Mahaffey's patrons are able to shop, buy a cup of coffee, or walk to the beach after they take in a show. Visit its Web site for upcoming events and ticket information.
- Hours: Box Office: Wed - Sat, noon - 6:00 pm; Tickets are also available 90 minutes prior to a show.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp, Parking
- What makes this community special?: Supporting the arts
- Services: Check out the Class Acts program, which gets area students involved in the arts. Also, it is a prime venue for a wedding ceremony.
- Parking: Paid lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Features: Live music
- Music specialties: Blues, Folk, Jazz, Latin