For families in search of a fun and educational activity, the Pier Aquarium is the perfect destination. Occupying the second floor of the St. Pete Pier, the aquarium showcases a variety of fish and other aquatic animals. Stingrays, clown fish, urchins, lobsters and sea horses can be found swimming about one of the large saltwater tanks. The aquarium also has educational displays featuring historic, climate, weather and marine life facts relative to the state of Florida. There is a daily touch tank and fish feeding for children to have a more hands-on experience as well as lectures and guided tours with trained marine scientists.
The gift shop gift shop is located at the entrance where visitors may purchase t-shirts, books, jewelry and other souvenirs. The Pier Aquarium hosts free events monthly and accommodates private parties and school field trips.
- Fax: 727-894-1212
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 8pm; Sun, noon - 6pm.
- Handicap Accessible: There is evelator access to this location.
- Founding Date: 1988
- Buy tickets online [link]: pieraquarium.site-ym.com/store/default.asp
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot, Valet
- Restrictions: No outside food
- Which is the most popular attraction or exhibit?: The Touch Tank Experience, fish feeding
- Animal species: Fish, crustaceans, stingrays,urchins
- Features: Animal food, Guided tours, Live shows/lectures, Petting zoo
- Facilities: Gift shop, Restrooms