Salvation Army Family Store
A lot of people are familiar with the Salvation Army because of its thrift stores and its bell ringers collecting coins in their giant red kettles during the holidays. But the Salvation Army also has a spiritual mission to uphold and advance Christian values through charity work. The organization's work includes aiding the poor, putting disadvantaged people to work in its network of thrift stores. The Salvation Army runs a department store-sized thrift shop on 4th Street that bustles with activity throughout the year. This store has rows and rows of gently used clothes to browse through, as well as a lot of donated furniture. Call the Family Store during business hours to schedule a pickup for your used clothing or furniture.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 7pm
- Handicap Accessible: Street level access
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Clothing, children's items, furniture, accessories, household items
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: If you don't mind elbowing bargain-hunters, head to the thrift store on Wednesdays for 50 percent off all items of clothing.
- Donations policy: The Salvation Army accepts used most used clothing and furniture, and will send out a truck to pick up large items. People can drop off items, or call 727-541-7781 for pickup.