Z Grille brings an innovative approach to cooking in downtown St. Petersburg. Nestled beneath the Signtaure Place Tower condominium building, chef-owner Zack Gross has created a menu of American favorites with a bold twist. Dr. Pepper fried ribs, cornflake sage fried chicken with waffles and California deviled eggs are just some of the iconic selections.
The interior features a large bar with a view of the kitchen and floor-to-ceiling windows. Customers can dine outdoors along busy 1st Avenue and 2nd Street, a great place for people watching downtown. Daily specials are listed near the entrance and Z Grille offers special menu options for children.
- Hours: Lunch hours: Mon - Fri,11:30am - 3pm; Sat, 11am - 3pm; Sun, closed. Dinner hours: Mon-Thu, 5pm - 10pm; Fri, Sat, 5pm - 11pm; Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level.
- Founding Date: November 2008
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.zgrille.net/dinnermenu.html
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- What makes this community special?: It is a newly developed neighborhood with high rises at every corner, it offers a metropolitan atmosphere with small town hospitality.
- Cuisine: American, Asian, Burgers, Dessert / Ice Cream, Live / Raw Food, Mexican, Sandwiches, Seafood
- Signature dishes: Dr. Pepper fried ribs, Central Ave rib eye, Newport surf burrito
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Cornflake sage fried chicken with caramelized onion and bacon waffles.
- Price level: $$$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Zack Gross
- Features: Brunch, Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fine dining, Fun, Singles scene
- Dress code: Casual
- Cover charge: No
- Features: Live music, Outdoor seating
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Bar type: Live Music
- Bar Specialties: Beer, Cocktails, Martinis, Wine
- Beer Types: Craft, Domestic